Cindy B. Sanders, Ph.D.
Alachua County Extension Director & Livestock Agent
As County Extension Director and Livestock Agent, I work with producers in Alachua County dealing with cattle, horses, swine, poultry, goats, and aquaculture. I develop and implement educational programs and materials related to livestock production and management. These programs cover all aspects of livestock production including animal nutrition, health, reproduction, and pasture forages. I also work with the 4-H Livestock members at the Alachua County Youth Fair.
- Livestock Articles
- North Central Florida Cattle Reports
- Florida Cattle Identification Rule (pdf) posted 9/8/2014
- Custom Fencing
Directory, Glossary and costs
- Facts & Frequently Asked Questions about Lean, Finely-Textured Beef - posted 8/10/2012 (pdf)
- Livestock Programs
- Meet Your County Extension Director & Livestock Agent
- Livestock FAQ's
Questions and answers on livestock fencing, prickly pear, raising animals for the fair, where to find hay and agricultural equipment and fertilization.
- Poultry - Newcastle Disease - posted January 21, 2011 (pdf)