Gardening Solutions! Videos
Check out these educational and informative videos on gardening and pesticide safety.
"Garden Tools for Weeding" (1:19) Erin Alvarez, UF/IFAS Commercial Horticulture agent, provides tips for selecting the right tool for getting rid of troublesome weeds and to that hammock faster.
- "Vertical Gardening" (1:04) Erin Alvarez, UF/IFAS Commercial Horticulture agent, offers an alternative for those with limited gardening space by using vertical gardening.
- "Fragrance Gardens" (1:08) Dr. Dave Clark, UF/IFAS Plant Geneticist, covers the aspects of successfully growing a fragrance garden and the subtle ways to incorporate different fragrances in the home garden.
- "Types of Blackberries to Grow" (1:22) Dr. Dave Clark, UF/IFAS Plant Geneticist, discusses different varieties of blackberries available to the backyard grower.
- "Using Rain Sensors" (1:11) Dr. Michael Dukes, UF/IFAS Irrigation Specialist, discusses rain sensors in the irrigation system and how they can help conserve water while helping to keep the lawn adequately irrigated.
- "Preventing Erosion in Your Landscape" (1:02) Dr. Michael Dukes, UF/IFAS Irrigation Specialist, offers suggestions on preventing erosion for occurring in the landscape.
- "Alternative Sustainable Mulches" (1:28) Dr. Gail Hansen, UF/IFAS Landscape Specialist, offers alternative mulches that can be used in the home landscape.
- "How to Apply Mulch" (1:08) Dr. Gail Hansen, UF/IFAS Landscape Specialist, provides ways to properly apply mulch in the landscape and around bedding plants.
- "Selecting a Lawn Mower" (1:13) Dr. Jason Kruse, UF/IFAS Horticulturist, offers suggestions on what to look for when selecting a lawn mower for the home environment.
- "Sharpening Mower Blades" (1:12) Dr. Jason Kruse, UF/IFAS Horticulturist, covers the important aspects of sharpening lawn mower blades, which help provide the optimal cutting conditions for the home lawn.
- "Pesticide Safety" (1:31) Dr. Laurie Trenholm, UF/IFAS Lawn Specialist, covers the importance of following the label instructions when working with any pesticide application.
- "Pesticide Storage" (1:14) Dr. Laurie Trenholm, UF/IFAS Lawn Specialist, covers the importance of the proper storage of pesticides used in the home landscape.
- "Philodendrons for the Home" (1:24) Tom Wichman, UF/IFAS Master Gardener Coordinator, discusses the philodendron, how it is typically used and some common varieties of this popular plant.
- "Gardening with Perennials" (1:09) Tom Wichman, UF/IFAS Master Gardener Coordinator, examines the wonderful versatility of gardening with perennials around the home landscape.